Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A call to help

I wanted to take a moment to talk to you about reviews. If you want to skip this post, you have my permission to do so; we'll get back to plugging, random photos and/or Willow stuff next time.

The first Monkey Queen book has been out for almost six months. We've had some good word of mouth, and five ratings and two written reviews on Goodreads. However, we still don't have any reviews on Amazon as I write this.

Amazon is the 800 pound gorilla of ebook stores. Reviews there carry more weight and get seen by more people than any put up anywhere else. And without reviews, some people won't even look at the book; I know I've lost at least one sale in the past week because of this.

So, this is a call to help to all Monkey Queen fans and readers. If you've bought and read the first book, even if it wasn't purchased at Amazon, please take a few minutes to head over there and leave a review. If we can get a few up, that will help sales in the short and long term, and bring in more fans and readers, and what's we need more than anything right now.

Don't gush, unless you loved the book anyway, but mention what you liked and why. Be honest, be critical if needed, don't sugarcoat the review even if you know me well. Don't leave a review if you haven't read the book! And if you don't feel comfortable doing this, I'm okay with it, I understand.

But if you want to help, then please, take the few minutes to do so. I love these characters, I love telling their stories, and I want to get Michiko and Beth in front of as many possible readers as I can. If you feel the same, please head over to Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NAKJUG2

And thank you, thank all of you, reviewing or not. I appreciate your support, and I promise I won't ask this again. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment