Sunday, October 18, 2015

girl don't you know we can work it out with blogging

Let's start this Sunday with a reminder: If you're new here and want to get a taste of Michiko and Beth's adventures, the first two chapters of all four books are posted on our website! Click the link and join up with the Monkey Queen! More after the cut.

Been a quiet week here at Monkey Queen Central, but that's only on the surface. Progress is being made on getting the fifth book, Redblade, ready! I'm waiting for the beta reader to finish; when that's done, I'll give the draft one last pass. Willow has already sent in some sketches for the cover, and as usual, they look wonderful! I'll announce a publication date when everything is ready.

Also, there is a new short story, "The Troll And The Garter", written and ready! However, it has spoilery moments, so it won't be published here until after Redblade is out. I'm also working on another short story, but it won't go up until sometime in February. You'll understand why when you see it.

And November is NaNoWriMo, short for National Novel Writing Month. I'm not going to be an official participant, but I do plan on starting the actual writing of the sixth Monkey Queen book on November 1, and wrap up the first draft by the 30th. Part of the plot has been changed over the last month or so, and there's still a bit or two that needs to be filled in, but I think it's going to be a corker of a book.

No notes on Doctor Who this week, as I missed the broadcast. It's the first of a two-parter, so I'll watch both parts at once next week and give feedback then. I did watch Once Upon A Time, but I was busy writing the aforementioned story so I didn't pay close attention, so more on that next week too. But I'm glad that somehow Yaz(oo) got some love. They were a good band, and "Only You" is a good song. But this one is better.



And finally, this made me very very very happy. Bork bork bork.


No comments:

Post a Comment