Tuesday, June 16, 2015

timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly

Why yes, this is a Doctor Who post, you clever boy/girl. First, and foremost, our best wishes to Sir John Hurt, who has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. We know he's going to win. Watch!

So, why didn't anyone tell me that the DisneyXD cable channel was running Doctor Who? At a decent hour, yet? I blame Commander Strax. Anyway, I was surprised that they're letting it through more or less intact; "The Girl In The Fireplace" was on last night, and the references to Reinette's being a mistress and courtesan were left in. And the fact that the show is now, in a way, part of the Disney family gives me hope for a Disney Infinity Tenth Doctor. Or even a Commander Strax.

 And finally, Doubleclicks fans like me know there's another meaning to "Clever Girl"...


No comments:

Post a Comment